Get Instant Access to 200+ Cheat Sheets, Videos, and Other Immediately Usable Tools for Busy Managers – Try Out a Wily Manager Membership Today!
A business review meeting is a specific type of recurring meeting that is held to discuss individual or team scorecards and progress toward objectives. During the business review meeting, teams apply problem-solving tools to issues that are impacting their performance. Team leaders, managers and senior leadership assume coaching roles which emphasize positive feedback and recognition.
- Reinforce the accountability and action plans of each team or individual
- Share ideas and learn about interrelationships in the business
- Celebrate success
- Identify and remove barriers
Roles of leaders in the business review meeting process:
- Articulating the organization’s vision
- Involving people in deciding how to achieve the organization’s vision
- Supporting employee efforts to realize vision by providing coaching, feedback, and role modeling
- Recognizing and rewarding success
The business review meeting process:
Business review meetings are scheduled on a regular basis (monthly or quarterly) and include a presentation of key performance measures (individual and/or team). Baselines (historical performance), current data and projected trends are presented for each goal or critical success factor. Key successes are shared with the group as well as required interventions and actions to overcome barriers. Working together, the team develops action plans to improve performance - steps to reach objectives are identified; individuals are assigned responsibility for each step; target completion dates are established for each step and expected results are communicated.
Why have a business review meeting?
- Opportunity to assess the current performance status of each team or individual
- Opportunity to highlight and recognize good performance
- Opportunity to gain input from peers and management on ideas, scorecards and action plans for the next time period
- Opportunity for leaders to focus the team on critical issues, goals and objectives
- Opportunity to make decisions as a team
- Opportunity to give and receive feedback
Get the Complete ‘Business Review Meeting’ Topic Bundle
The Business Review Meeting topic bundle includes:
- Business Review Meeting Cheat Sheet (pdf)
- Business Review Meeting Booklet (pdf) containing:
- In-Depth Topic Overview
- How to Make a Successful Presentation at a Business Review Meeting
- How to Lead the Business Review Meeting Process
Recommended Resources – where to find out even more about business review meetings
Business Review Meeting Podcast (mp3)
Business Review Meeting Podcast Slides (Powerpoint)
Get instant access to the complete ‘Business Review Meeting’ Topic Bundle…