If you feel like you barely have time to do what’s expected of you, much less improve your skills as a manager…
Handle Any Leadership Situation with Confidence
Cheat Sheets, Immediately Usable Tools, and Practical ‘In-the-Trenches’ Advice to Help Busy Managers Get Ahead and Be A Better Boss
Have you ever said or thought…
- “I’m trying my best to be a good manager, but I’ve been left on my own to figure things out”
- “Sometimes I’m confused about how to handle a work situation. There’s so much conflicting advice out there”
- “I want to get promoted but my boss isn’t fully aware of my potential”
- “I really need a mentor – someone who’s on my side, knows what I’m dealing with, and gives me practical, real-life advice”
We hear about these problems every single day.
Here’s Why Managers Often Struggle
We do one-on-one coaching with executives and senior managers in large and mid-sized companies. Our big-business clients don’t hesitate to pay our fees (which are admittedly pretty steep), because we clearly demonstrate the improved performance our coaching creates.
But unless your company is paying, who could afford our coaching?
We’ve noticed executives and senior managers usually have great support (like having us as one-on-one coaches), but middle- and front-line managers are left to fend for themselves. Maybe they’re offered a leadership workshop here and there if they’re lucky, but for the most part they don’t get assistance or advice with their every-day management issues. And they aren’t given any help with developing their management/leadership skills or advancing their careers.
It’s frustrating for us to see so many managers struggling, especially when the solution is so simple!
It’s Like Having Us as a Coach and Mentor…
At a Price Anyone Can Afford
That’s why we decided to create a resource specifically for front-line managers – a members-only website that provides exactly the same advice that we pass along to our one-on-one coaching clients – but at a price anyone can afford.
We want to help you:
- Build your management and leadership skills
- Confidently handle real-life leadership situations
- Move ahead in your career and get promoted
We know you’re already very busy, so you won’t have to show up at a certain time for a meeting, phone call, or workshop. You can access the materials on your own schedule, whenever you have a few minutes to spare. And we make sure our material is concise and to-the-point. Our cheat sheets are only one or two pages long (and often in point form), so you won’t have to spend a lot of time reading. Our videos are under 15 minutes, and you can download the audio portion separately if you want to listen while you’re commuting or exercising. There’s even a ‘3-Minute Crash Course’ version of many videos for when you’re really pressed for time.
You get instant access to members-only area of the website, where you can browse, or search for info about a specific topic. Get immediate advice when you’re in a hurry.
That means if you sign up today, you get access to well over 200 cheat sheets, videos, and other immediately useable tools.
It’s easy to find what you’re looking for. After you sign in with your username and password, you’ll be able to move around the site using the members-only links in the right sidebar (under the heading ‘Browse a Topic’). It takes only two clicks to get to the information you need.
I’ve been around a bit, I’ve learned lots (sometimes the hard way) about most management / leadership topics. Even with that said, you guys have GREAT info and insight on the human resource aspect of management.
You’ve provided insight on so many topics. Your information has been priceless! You give PRAGMATIC management info that can be applied on the front line immediately. You take your information beyond describing what “wrong” looks like to describing how to fix it or keep it from becoming wrong in the first place. The delivery of the material is almost humorous and your grasp of the content shows that you take the topic seriously, but not yourself. That’s a great thing and helps you to connect with your customers (works with me, anyway).
Matthew Jones (Owosso, Michigan)
You’ll get instant advice about every single one of these common manager’s questions and problems:
- I KNOW I’m a micro-manager. What can I do about it?
- How do I ask for a raise … and get it?
- What should I do when I’m being confronted by someone who’s out-of-control angry?
- How do I delegate some of my responsibilities…and keep them delegated?
- How do I deal with weasels in the workplace (The Backstabbing Weasel, the Slacker Weasel, The Credit-Taking Weasel, The Lying Weasel, The Superstar Weasel, Boss Weasels)
- How do I lead change when everyone in my department is digging in their heels and resisting it?
- How can I ‘manage up’ without brown nosing?
- What’s the best way to quit my job without burning any bridges on the way out?
- How do I mentor someone – and how is this different from managing someone?
- What happens after my promotion, now that I have to manage my former peers?
- How can I get people to do more than the bare minimum they need to in order to avoid getting fired?
- How can I improve my public speaking and presentation skills?
- How can I get more done, given my limited time and multiple competing priorities?
- I’ve never fired somebody. What’s the least painful way?
- What are the critical things I should be doing to get ahead in my career?
- How can I finally stop procrastinating?
- How do I ace my annual performance review?
- What is the Balanced Scorecard approach and how can I implement it in my department?
- What are lagging and leading indicators – and how can I use them?
- How can I motivate Generation Y?
- What can I do to retain my best employees?
- What’s a practical approach I can use for disciplining under-performing employees?
- How do you write a Business Case?
- How do you do a Cost Benefit Analysis?
- I’m stressed! What are some work-life balance tips that really work?
- What can I do if my boss is a controlling, power-hungry micro-manager?
You’ll also discover how to handle problems that may not even be on your radar yet, like:
- Why it’s critical to be smart but lazy
- Why most training is useless – and what higher-impact development activities you should use instead
- How to write a job description…and why this isn’t an ‘HR thing’
- Why you should conduct mid-year performance reviews to give your direct reports critical feedback before their formal end of year review
- How to deliver an Elevator Speech that immediately catches your audience’s attention
- How to make better decisions using the Six Factor Analysis method
- How to use consequences (both positive and negative) to manage performance
- How to use a Fishbone Chart to help figure out the root cause of a problem
- How to use Strategy Mapping to connect individual effort to higher level corporate goals
- Why you might want to create a ‘Strawman Proposal’ to knock down a draft proposal and build it up again until it’s rock solid
- How service sector businesses really can measure the unmeasureable using KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
- Why your organization needs Key Performance Measures
- How you should change your leadership behavior depending on the business situation that you’re facing
- Why HR often sucks and what you can do about it to turn them into a strategic partner instead
Each Cheat Sheet and Video addresses a specific management or leadership topic. You get our advice about how to approach this issue. We focus on real-life issues, situations, and problems.
The support on how to prepare for and execute skip level meetings was worth the subscription alone. It is yielding a trove of actionable information that will help my team grow and produce better results almost immediately. Great piece of work!
Patrick McKenna (Albany, New York)
You’re probably wondering exactly
what to expect from us.
We’re experienced managers and coaches, so we know first-hand exactly what you’re going through, the questions you have, and the real-life problems you face every day.
Our style is straight-forward: we think it’s important to give you the harsh, unvarnished truth regarding any management situation. We don’t hold back. So our advice often conflicts with what other management and leadership experts are saying. Even though it might be uncomfortable sometimes, we do this because we know what works in real life and we don’t see any reason to shy away from this.
The other thing you should know is that we don’t take ourselves too seriously, unlike some other management experts. We’re professional, but we have a sense of humor and have fun with this. We’ve known each other since we were kids, which will probably be obvious to you when you experience the easy, back-and-forth style of our videos.
8 Bonus Gifts Just For Giving Membership a Try
We’re going to give you some bonus gifts (these are items that we normally sell as stand-alone items), just for giving membership a try. We know that if you let us have this one chance to show you that we can help you succeed as a manager, then you’ll be a customer for life.
We’ve included some of our most valuable content as bonus gifts, just for trying out a membership. All designed to help you be a confident and successful manager.
Here’s the bonus gifts we want to give you, just for giving membership a try. Each one includes a Cheat Sheet, a Booklet with more in-depth coverage of the topic, and Video or Audio with accompanying Powerpoint slides. They’re jam-packed with tools, templates, worksheets, checklists, and examples.
Bonus Gift #1 – Dealing with Difficult Employees – Value: $17
Bonus Gift #2 – How to Conduct a Job Interview – Value: $17
Bonus Gift #3 – Strategy Starter Kit – Value: $17
Bonus Gift #4 – Meetings, Meetings, and More Meetings – Value: $68
Bonus Gift #5 – RACI Responsibility Charting – Value: $17
Bonus Gift #6 – Time and Priority Management – Value: $17
Bonus Gift #7 – How to Coach When You’re Not the Expert – Value: $17
Bonus Gift #8 – How to Build a Communication Plan – Value: $17
You get all these free gifts
(worth a real-world value of $187) as bonuses,
plus instant access to all the existing advice and tools
already available in the members-only area.
Go ahead, try out a Wily Manager membership.
Once you start looking around the members-only area, you’ll know it’s an absolute bargain.
Nothing else compares to getting practical, real-life advice from someone who’s already been there – it’s like have a mentor, and being able to pick their brain 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
It’s the next-best thing to having us as one-on-one coaches….at a price anyone can afford.
You might wonder why we are offering this membership at such an affordable price.
It’s actually pretty simple: we’re tired of seeing front-line managers struggle as they wade through tons of academic and sometimes conflicting information that they can’t figure out how to apply in their real jobs.
That’s just a waste of time and gets you nowhere. Once you see how valuable membership is to you, with tools and advice you can use every single day to become a more successful manager, you’ll be first in line for Wily Manager virtual coaching.
In the meantime, this format allows us to reach a large audience with exactly the same information we share in person with our one-on-one coaching clients.
The cost is just $147 for a lifetime membership.
That’s peanuts compared to the cost of a typical leadership development program, which could set you back $500 or more.
We don’t think that’s fair.
With a Wily Manager Membership, you get practical advice for your real-life management situations, at a price anyone can afford.
Wily Manager Membership is 100% Risk FREE!
We’re so confident that you’ll love being a member that we’re willing to bet on it. You’ll receive all $187 in bonuses by digital download the moment you join, and you’ll get immediate access to all the existing members-only materials.
Go through the materials on the website and in the bonus gifts. Read and listen to every word. If you don’t think the package is worth MUCH MORE than what you paid, simply ask for a refund.
Your money will be fully refunded…you have nothing to return, and you can keep all the digital bonuses for your trouble.
There’s NO WAY TO LOSE – it’s all up-side for you.
Bob Bradley and Jed Teigen
P.S. If you’re looking for in-depth, academic treatment of management topics, you’re in the wrong place. Instead, let us do all the reading and sorting through books, magazines, and journal articles. We distill it to the critical information you REALLY need and give it to you in condensed format, often point form. You’ll be able to absorb it in 20 minutes per week or less.
P.P.S As a Wily Manager Member, you’ll get quick, practical advice regarding your real-life management problems. But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what some of our members have to say:
“You provide great information and views in a very easy to understand and laid back way.”
“Highly entertaining and very informative/insightful. Thanks!”
“These guys are top notch. Very good counsel delivered with a great sense of humor.”